Aug 14, 2020
What is The James Bond Book Club? Set in the 1950s as the Ian Fleming James Bond books are released, Spybrary Spy Book Podcast hosts David Craggs and Shane Whaley plus a special guest will review the latest Ian Fleming 007 novel.
In this episode, Shane and David discuss the themes they hope to
explore as they embark on a journey through the Ian Fleming James
On the James Bond Book Club, we will dissect each 007 novel in
order and by :
1) Discussing the timing of each book. The year in which it was written. The zeitgeist of that time. Key historic and cultural events.
2) Background to the plot and any links to Fleming’s personal experiences.
3) The U.K. first edition cover art.
4) The plot.
6) Bond’s character development.
7) The Villain.
8) La femme fatale.
9) The supporting cast.
10) The branding.
11) Key set pieces and the best chapters.
12) Critical reception
We will not be referring to or discussing the 007 movies.
We will only be referencing previous books rather than those published in the future - as if we are experiencing the work of Fleming for the first time.
More details soon.